Daily Inspiration

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Ephesians 1:3

Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm OOBER Excited!!

"OOBER" meaning extremely excited, which is the vernacular of my 25 year old daughter, who is visiting me along with her hubby and new born baby Israel. I'm oober excited about two things, the visit of my oldest daughter and her sweet little family and the fact that I still have some creativity left in me.  It has been such a world wind for me these last couple of months, I find myself trying to come up for air to breath.  I have been so busy with special orders and the new baby that my creative juices haven't been flowing lately, but alas on last Saturday, the day before my daughter arrived, the creative bug hit me and I was on a crafting rampage.  I was working on two and three projects simultaneously and literally turning around in circles trying to figure out what to do next.  My mind was racing 100 miles per hour as I could not keep up with myself.  With beautiful soothing Christian classics playing and a mess of crafting supplies and embellishments just calling my name, I set out on a journey and here's what I came up with:

Bliss Banner


I made this banner with my Birthday Bash Cricut cartridge and embellished with coffee stained lace.  Each banner has a  piece of the organza rose trim Fleurette's, the bows are seam binding and the letters that spell BLISS were also cut out using the same cartridge.  The letters are glittered with chocolate glitter and I mixed in a little bit of gold glitter to give it a rich look. 



heart in nest basket
 This little beauty is actually and altered project, I found this cute basket in the shape of a nest and their were two eggs in it.  I removed the egg and added this papermache heart, which I painted with a mint green and lightly dusted with stardust glitter.  This glitter is gorgeous it actually looks like chips of crystals and it is very sparkly.  I added a butterfly which many of my friends know I am terribly afraid of and this butterfly was so life-like I was actually afraid to touch it, so I put a rose in the center of it.  I used one of my favorite scriptures to finish it off, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding," Proverbs 3:5.


Birdcage with eggs & scripture
close up of tag & eggs
Closer look inside the nest, a few gems, pearls & feathers
I was really proud of this birdcage because I bought it last year and new that one day I would do something with it, I just didn't know what.  I knew I wanted to make a nest and I made one several weeks ago and it just sat on my craft shelf waiting to be put somewhere and this is what happened when fate met fate.  Remember those eggs I told you were in the nest basket?  Well here they are!  The scripture I used for this project was Psalms 84:2, "Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God." This is such a beautiful Psalms, King David truly was envious of the birds who were able to be so close to GOD and dwell near to Him and that was also his desire. 



Little glass jar


semi side view
 This was pretty quick to make but I really like jars, so I altered this a bit by adding ribbon, a mulberry rose, leaf and lace around the top base of the jar.  I like the little birdie on top.

Deco wall hanging
I thought this was a pretty sweet wall hanging for a little girls picture.  It is loaded with embellishments. The mat itself is cut from chipboard and a cricut die cut (can't remember which one.) Distressed & Shabby, just the way I like it!



Cutesy little pincushion
 This is probably by far the funnest thing I like to make.  It's small, It's super cute and useful.  It is so easy to make using a yo yo template.  I topped it off with a very blingy button that I layer on top of another button and then put that on top of a tiny yo yo.  Pretty sweet!
 
Well that's it for now and  hope I inspired someone else today!  Until next time,
 
Blessings,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am so encouraged by your comments, just keep em' coming!! And while your at it, have a blessed day!"