Daily Inspiration

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Ephesians 1:3

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Darker Days and Creative Nights

I had an absolutely wonderful time last night at Nack's Desserts, Jackie "Nack" Harris the owner asked if I would teach craft classes to a group of ladies and of course I was delighted to do it. Today was the first time teaching at her Delicious bakery. Once inside Nack's I can't help but look through each glass showcase and even peering over the counter and into the kitchen to see what she's cooking... there is just something about desserts that makes my heart sing! All of the delicious smells, and beautiful pastries, cake, pies...must I go on! Just so you'll know Nack's is a premier bakery on the NW side of San Antonio and I guarantee you, if you try her delicacies once, you'll be hooked. I love the line from her website that says, "Remember 'STRESSED' spelled backwards is 'DESSERTS'. We're here to relieve your stress." LOVE IT!!!


Well as I was saying this was my first class at Nack's and I had a great time with five wonderful ladies. There was a seasoned paper crafters, an artist and some who had never made a card, but by looking at the finished project you couldn't tell the difference. They all did a wonderful job and as Jackie has her special flair for food, she also had a special flair for creating her own design for her cards. There is always one super over-achiever in a group. Well done Jackie!! And after all was crafted and done Jackie was gracious enough to add the Pièce de résistance, her yummy pumpkin bread and the best chocolate chip cookies ( with everything in it) that I have ever had. I even got to take home the left overs! Here's a few pics of my wonderful evening:


Here's Jackie!


















I have'nt really posted any of my Fall creations and I didn't want to be remiss in doing that so I am attaching a few things that I made.  Many of you that know me are aware that I am a Fall "chicken" and I am proud of it! But that does not put a damper on my creativity, I get a little more festive around Christmas and my creativity blossoms.  I forced myself this year to do some things for Fall and here's what I came up with:



I designed a banner using rectangles, pompom ribbon, lace and a die cut I'll I blinged up

Here's a closeup of my owl, he has gold crystal eyes

Good owl paper towel rolls, cut, covered with designer paper & embellished

Die Cut of owl using my cricut

My sweet  little owl treat bags using the top note
HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am so encouraged by your comments, just keep em' coming!! And while your at it, have a blessed day!"