Daily Inspiration

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Ephesians 1:3

Sunday, June 13, 2010

To Our Classy Dad's

It's that time of year when we honor the special men in our lives.  I am very grateful for the husband the LORD blessed me with and anything that I would give him would pale in comparison to recompense the Love he share with me every day, but I'll still try.

It is really challenging for me to do male cards, especially the adult males.  I tend to be partial to the soft pinks and shabby hues, but once I get started I can usually come up with a few creations.  I really like vintage things and Graphics 45 had a really nice line of paper for men and this is what I came up with.  Please excuse the shine I didn't remove the cards from the poly protectors.


I also like to make little treats to go along with each celebration to put in my booth at the craft store.  I created these neat gifts for Father's Day.  You can also place an order with me at anytime if you don't feel like making them yourself.  The first pic is a small box filled with Hershey's chocolate nuggets.  This box was easy to make:  I used (2) 3x5 pieces of craft cardstock and scored at 1/2 inch on all four sides to make the box.  This box was actually sized to fit this neat paper that I got by Graphics 45 called "On the Boulevard" There are 18 cards on one 12x12 sheet. 
And as a designer destiny would have it the chocolate nuggets fit perfectly.  I was so excited.

Here's the Paper

Next I made this fun set for our #1 Dad's Card and Bottle Cap pin.  I really like working with resin in bottle caps and this is one of my popular sellers at Alamo Craft Co.  I've made all sorts of bottle caps for people and this is quick and easy.  Remember if you have a need for a special order of bottle caps just email me and I can make just about anything.
  
I made an origami shirt & tie to add a special touch to my #1 Dad bottle cap.  This makes for a neat gift.


1 comment:

"I am so encouraged by your comments, just keep em' coming!! And while your at it, have a blessed day!"