Daily Inspiration

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Ephesians 1:3

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Scrapbook Throwdown Day 3

Hello Again!

I really wanted to catch up today so I am submitting my second post of the day to be on day 3 of the Scrapbook Throwdown.  This has been so much fun and has caused me to scrapbook some of my own pics for a change.
 Okay, so today I pulled out the sewing machine and went to stitching.  I actually enjoy do stitching on my projects and my cards are what got me started, I would say that 85% of my handmade cards have stitching on them somewhere.  I believe it gives the project a certain element that says I want this project to be really special.  Because it takes effort to pull out that machine just for a few stitches! 

My layout today is my sweet grandson, you won't get to see his adorable face on this one Simply his SWEET little feet, in the hands of mommy and daddy.  I stitched around the entire 12x12 border creating a nice edge that I generously distressed.  I inked most of the edges of each element and stitched around the layered matte of my photo.  There are 3 different kinds of stitches in my layout and some didn't require thread.  I had the opportunity to use some new acrylic stamps by MME and also a metal crown that I've been wanting to use.  I'm tempted to put a little gesso on it.  I had even painted a piece of the corrugated part of some cardboard and finally got to use it.  Check out the pics:

Stitched around the entire 12x12 sheet distressed and gesso'd the edges
 
Topnote die already has stitching around the shape
  
Stitched around tag with no thread
Used my new text acrylic by MME Lost&Found 2
Added a little zig zag stitch to one of the strips
That's it for today folks and I have had a wonderful time creating these layouts.  I really want to thank Chrissie Tobas for inviting me to the challenge and to Latrice for creating this forum.

Blessings until Next Time!

"Remember with GOD All things are possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am so encouraged by your comments, just keep em' coming!! And while your at it, have a blessed day!"